Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week '13: Let's Talk About Me Monday

I'm excited to link up with some great bloggers for Teacher Week '13 at Blog Hoppin'.  

There is a new topic each day which means an entire week of blogging FUN!

So here are a few things About Me!

1) I'm a wife and mom to 5 girls.  I have two step-daughters who are in their 20's and my three littles are 11, 10 and 8.  WAIT - I guess that means they aren't so little anymore!  My 11 year old will be 12 next month and is entering middle school.  How in the heck did that happen?!  

2) I'm a HUGE (and I mean HUGE) football fan!  I get so excited for the first weekend of college football. I graduated from Texas A&M (Gig 'Em Aggies!) and got my teaching certificate from Washington State University (GO Cougs!) but I will watch any game just to get my fill of football!  I have to constantly remind my husband how lucky he is!


3) This is my first year teaching!  Yes, I got a bit of a late start, but I'm SO excited!  After college I obtained my Masters degree in College Student Personnel Administration and worked in Higher Ed before getting married and starting a family.  It was important for me to be home with my girls when they were little.  In 2010 I decided it was time to go back and get my certification.  I spent last year subbing in several local school districts.

4) I LOVE Pink.  I guess having a house full of girls makes it easy!  Really, pink just makes me happy!

5)We have 2 dogs.  Belle, who was delivered by Santa Claus 5 years ago and Akita who joined our family a few months ago.  I say that Belle is my dog.  She is calm, sweet and loves to nap!  Akita is my husband's dog.  She is wild, strong and loves to play!  As you might guess, they don't get along too well!  



6) I hate to admit it, but I'm a fan of Disney Channel shows.  I often find myself caught up in an episode of Jessie or Good Luck Charlie and then realize my girls aren't even in the room.  

7) I LOVE to travel!  I don't do much anymore, but when I was younger I traveled a lot.  In fact, after I graduate from college I applied for a job as a flight attendant!  I was actually hired by US Airways but before I was able to go to training, the company implemented a hiring freeze so I decided instead of waiting, I'd go back to graduate school!

8) I love coconut cake...but have yet to find one that is as good as my grandmother used to make.

9) I get giddy over school supplies.

10) I'm currently obsessed with School Girl Style.

There you have it!  A few facts about me.  We're off to get 6th grade shots (ouch!) and wade through the bags and bags full of school supplies and new clothes that we shopped for yesterday!  FUN!





4 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! Happy first year teaching! I know you will LOVE it!
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes, Melissa as you begin your first year teaching! And I have to ask...have you seen Disney's "A Dog with a Blog?" :) I saw it as I was flipping through channels on evening - CRAZY!! ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
  3. #6 - Disney Shows! They are honestly my guilty pleasure. But at least I feel better when one of my student references a show and I actually know what they are talking about!

    Kayla
    Rooting for Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Cougs! Current WSU student right here!

    ReplyDelete