Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ahhh.....Summer!

Summer has been glorious thus far!  We've had great weather (which for me means anything under 85!  I can't stand the heat), lots of family fun and a lot of lazy days.  The week after school got out was our "work week" at school.  Since I teach at a private school that doesn't have a custodial staff, the teachers put in a week of work getting things spruced up at school.  I was shocked that my principal actually trusted me with a paint brush (it's not a good thing)!  :)  I spend the week after work week rearranging my room and de-cluttering.  Last year I had a .6 contract and had a great teaching partner.  This year I'll be full-time.  So, I had the opportunity to redo the entire room.  It was fun - but lots of work!  I still have about another week of work to do, but for now, I'm happy to put that on hold.

I have spent a few nights this week doing some online work.  I got started on my teacher planner for next year.  I chose to use one of the great planners from A Modern Teacher.  I used one last year and it worked so well.  This year she has some really cute new designs!   I have also spent some time going through the great resources that Jennifer Smith-Sloane has on her website.  I'm going to implement interactive notebooks this year and she is the queen!  My next step is to order a pencil sharpener from Classroom Friendly Supplies.  I've wanted on for a long time and am going to get one for next year.  (If you want to win one, head over to Miss Elementary's Blog and enter!)I've heard nothing but great things about them.  If anyone has any other must-have resource recommendations, please share!

Here's wishing you all a great 4th of July!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment