Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I'm BAAACK!

Oh my goodness!  I feel as though I haven't blogged in WEEKS!  Oh...wait...it's probably because I haven't blogged in weeks!  My fellow teachers will understand how this happens.  I feel as though I've been sucked into this crazy place in the universe where time ticks by much more quickly than it should.  I feel as though I need a few more hours in the day in order to just stay above water.  It's probably  also a symptom of being a first year teacher.  The only way I was able to carve out time to blog tonight is because I'm doing it in the car here:

Thank goodness for soccer practice!  ;)

So, here's what I've been up to.  
1) I'm struggling with the fact that I find myself planning the night before the next day of school.  I just can't seem to get ahead.  I am such a planner that this daily planning is killing me!  I hope that I can find a way to remedy this.  Any ideas?

2) I REALLY don't like our reading curriculum.  It's pretty dull and the kids think so too!  I'm trying to find some supplemental activities to jazz it up a little.  I really would love to do an author study, but am not really sure how to begin.  Does anyone have any advice?

3) I also need a serious nap!  My class spent two days at a great camp right on the river.  It was loads of fun, but I'm exhausted!!  They did some super activities like this:



They (speaking of the boys!) also woke the girls cabin up at 6am!  Ugh!  Needless to say, I'm tired!  :)  

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment